- 1 pound chourico, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Taste of Portugal olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 bunch kale, tough stems removed and leaves thinly sliced
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, cook the sliced chourico over medium heat until browned and crispy. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- In the same pot, add 2 tablespoons of Taste of Portugal olive oil and sauté the chopped onion and minced garlic until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and chopped potatoes to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender or transferring the soup to a blender, puree the soup until smooth.
- Return the pureed soup to the pot and stir in the sliced kale. Simmer for an additional 10-15 minutes until the kale is tender.
- Season the soup with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Serve hot, topped with the crispy chourico slices and a drizzle of Taste of Portugal olive oil. Enjoy!
Leave a comment